AKB48 10th senbatsu election was held on June 16th, at Nagoya Dome in Nagoya. This is an annual thing they’ve been doing since 2009 around this time of year.
All members from AKB48, SKE48, NMB48, HKT48, NGT48, STU48, JKT48, BNK48, TPE48 can participate in the election, had to submit their applications between March 23-27. This is the first time that AKB48 international sister groups JKT48, BHK48, TPE48 are allowed to participate in the election.
A total of 339 members participated in this election.
Some big names that didn’t enter the election this year to name a few were Anna Iriyama & Yuki Kashiwagi (AKB48), Sayaka Yamamoto (NMB48), Haruka Kodama & Rino Sashihara (HKT48). With Yuki, Sayaka & Sasshi out this will be a very interesting. With Sasshi on Top, 4 of the last 5 years and the last 3 years. Should be a battle between Jurina Matsui (The Favorite) and Sakura Miyawaki (The Underdog). And don’t forget Yuka Ogino (Dark Horse) who could be the surprise number one, although a lot her fans are probably predicting her to be on top.
It’s a Top 100 this year (Personally I think this too much) :
Sekai (World) Senbatsu (1-16).
Under Girls (17-33).
Next Girls (33-48).
Future Girls (49-64).
Upcoming Girls (65-80).
The 10th AKB48 Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo Kinen Waku (81-100).
I had 4 votes from each version of the regular edition AKB48 single “Teacher Teacher” that I bought, that single had one voting ballot in the CD. This is just one of many ways you could have voted.
I don’t know what the results are I didn’t check in advance, it makes it more fun doing this post not knowing where anyone is placing.
As for my 4 votes it all went to HKT48 “Meru Tashima”.
* I’m just doing this for no apparent reason, I just feel like it. For anyone interested this who I voted for in the past.
2011 – Haruna Kojima (8 votes), Aika Oota (2 votes).
2012 – Haruna Kojima (8 votes).
2013 – Haruna Kojima (3 votes).
2014 – Haruna Kojima (8 votes).
2015 – Kei Jonishi (2 votes), Meru Tashima (2 votes) * Haruna Kojima didn’t participate in the election or they would have all gone to her.
2016 – Haruna Kojima (6 votes).
2017 – Meru Tashima (3 votes).
Before I get started congratulations to all the members that ranked, for those that didn’t try again next year.
The 10th AKB48 Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo Kinen Waku (81-100) :
100. Shizuka Oya (AKB48 – Team B) 14,488 votes.
She’s still in AKB48.
99. Chiho Ishida (STU48 – STU48 Kenkyuusei) 14,537 votes.
Don’t follow STU48, don’t know who she is.
98. Rei Jonishi (NMB48 – Team BII) 14,985 votes.
Kei Jonishi little sister, just like her big sister she’s doing bikini shoots now.
97. Ma Chia-Ling (AKB48 – Team 4) 14,107 votes.
The winner of the AKB48 Taiwan Audition in 2015.
96. Sae Kurihara (HKT48 – Team TII) 15,149 votes.
Don’t know who she is, but she sure is pretty.
95. Nanami Yamada (AKB48 – Team 8 and AKB48 Team K). 15,174 votes.
I’m always happy when a AKB48 Team 8 member ranks in the AKB48 senbatsu election.
94. Ayana Shinozaki (AKB48 – Team 8 and AKB48 – Team A) 15,174 votes.
This is weird she has ranked 94th the last 3 years, but the previous 2 elections was only a Top 80.
93. Airi Mizuno (SKE48 – Team KII) 15,618 votes.
She’s cute, seems very nice.
92. Mizuki Yamauchi (AKB48 – team 4) 15,619 votes.
I think she will become a fairly push member, if she isn’t already.
91. Noe Yamada (NGT48 – Team NIII) 15,699 votes.
90. Sae Murase (NMB48 – Team BII) 16,594 votes.
She ranked 39th last year, she really drop big time. A Hottie.
89. Marika Tani (SKE48 – Team E) 17,027 votes.
3rd year in a row she has drop big time.
88. Miyuu Omori (AKB48 – Team 4) 17,067 votes.
I know who she is, but don’t really follow her.
87. Erena Sakamoto (HKT48 – Team TII) 17,258 votes.
I don’t know why, but I really like her name.
86. Yuuka Kato (NMB48 – Team M) 17,277 votes.
Another member who drop really big time she was 33rd last year.
85. Yuki Shimono (HKT48 – KIV) 17,351 votes.
Has been moving up the rankings in the election very slowly the last 3 years.
84. Hirona Unjo (HKT48 – Team KIV) 17,557 votes.
Who Are You?
83. Aki Toyonaga (HKT48 – Team H) 17,558 votes.
She looks like a vampire, I mean that in a very complimentary way.
82. Hitomi Honda (AKB48 – Team 8 and AKB48 Team B) 17,656 votes.
I just love AKB48 Team 8 members, they’re all so cute.
81. Nao Ueki (HKT48 – Team KIV) 18,062 votes.
She’s going to be “The 10th AKB48 Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo Kinen Waku” center.
The 10th AKB48 Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo Kinen Waku (81-100).
Upcoming Girls (65-80) :
80. Shiori Aoki (SKE48 – Team KII) 18,265 votes.
She just miss making the Top 80 last year, by a couple of spots.
79. Eriko Jo (NMB48 – Team BII) 18,359 votes.
She’s a mystery to me, I can’t figure her out.
78. Miku Okada (SKE48 – Team S) 18,377 votes.
She just got promoted to Team S on April 28th.
77. Rena Hasegawa (NGT48 – Team NIII) 18,563 votes.
I don’t really follow NGT48, they have a few members I follow a bit. She’s not one of them. I find her kinda attractive so that may change.
76. Yuzuki Hidaka (SKE48 – Team KII) 18,818 votes.
I don’t really know who she is.
75. Satone Kubo (AKB48 – Team B) 19,009 votes.
Another member who drop big time 28 spots, she’s very young. I guarantee you wait a couple of years she going to become a real hottie, she’ll look really good in a bikini.
74. Yumiko Takino (STU48 – STU48 Kenkyuuei) 19,341 votes.
The center of STU48 1st and so far only single.
73. Nene Jitoe (HKT48 – Team KIV) 19,371 votes.
Funny name, but she’s a cutie.
72. Sulhampbong Praewa (BNK48 – Team BIII) 20,106 votes.
I wonder if she’ll be the only member from overseas group to ranked, she’s pretty.
71. Aoi Motomura (HKT48 – Team KIV) 20,321 votes.
A pretty relevant HKT48 member.
70. Maho Yamaguchi (NGT48 – Team NIII) 20,664 votes.
I thought she was on the way up, I guess not.
69. Tsugumi Oguma (NGT48 – Team NIII) 20,913 votes.
Never heard of her.
68. Yuki Takahata (SKE48 – Team E) 21,082 votes.
Moving in the right direction.
67. Moeka Takakura (NGT48 – Team NIII) 21,182 votes.
She ranked 25th last year, what happen.
66. Hana Matsuoka (HKT48 – Team TII) 21,196 votes.
She’s been center for a couple of HKT48 single, right now she seems to be a very push HKT48 member. I thought she would rank a little higher, she did moved up 14 spots from last year. Unrelated to anything she’s 12 days younger than Meru Tashima.
65. Moe Goto (AKB48 – Team A).
She’ll be center for “Upcoming Girls” this year.
Up Coming Girls (65-80).
Future Girls (49-64) :
64. Ayuka Nakamura (NGT48 – NGT48 Kenkyuusei) 21,332 votes.
Just like a lot of NGT48 members, I don’t really know who she is.
63. Natsumi Tanaka (HKT48 – Team H) 21,387 votes.
I think she’s pretty.
62. Nao Oto (AKB48 – Team 8 and AKB48 – Team B) 21,416 votes.
The oldest Team 8 member.
61. Hiroka Komada (HKT48 – Team H) 21,437 votes.
Although I don’t really know anything about her, she’s a 1st Generation HKT48 member.
60. Erina Oda (AKB48 – Team 8 and AKB48 – Team K) 21,519 votes.
Most of these Team 8 members that are ranking in this election also have concurrent position on other AKB48 Teams.
59. Natsuki Kamata (SKE48 – Team E) 21,606 votes.
I like her, she’s cute.
58. Rin Okabe (AKB48 – Team 8 and AKB48 – Team A) 21,798 votes.
What was that with Team 8 members who have concurrent position on other AKB48 Teams, not only that but she’s the Captain of Team A.
57. Nagisa Shibuya (NMB48 – Team M) 21,818 votes.
She has ranked in senbatsu election 4 times all “Future Girls”, she been ranked anywhere between 56 -60 (58,56,60,57). Consistent.
56. Rene Isshiki (SKE48 – Team S) 21,910 votes.
Don’t really know who she is.
55. Natsumi Matsuoka (HKT48 – Team H) 22,050 votes.
When Madoka Moriyasu moves up she moves down and visa versa, will Madoka Moriyasu didn’t participate in this year election so it’s like her moving down. So what happens her ranking moves up from last year.
54. Kokoro Naiki (NGT48 – Team N) 22,102 votes.
Don’t know who she is, I bet she has big boobs. Almost all NMB48 members do.
53. Ayaka Tano (NGT48 – Team NIII) 22,292 votes.
I like her, she’s real cute.
52. Haruka Komiyama (AKB48 – Team K) 22,662.
After ranking for the first time 3 years ago at #21, she ranks at #52 for the 2nd year.
51. Saki Takeuchi (SKE48 – Team KII) 23,373 votes.
I would have like her to rank higher, she did move up 5 spots. After dropping really big time last year.
50. Ayaka Oda (HKT48 – Team TII) 23,754 votes.
Their are a lot of members HKT48 I really don’t know, she’s one of them.
49. Narumi Kuranoo (AKB48 – Team 8 and AKB48 – Team K) 24,228 votes.
The highest ranking AKB48 Team 8 member the last 2 years, not this year. Unless Yui Oguri failed to ranked, I hope not.
I think this is the girl, who I was trying to find. No one needs to know what I’m talking about.
She’s “Future Girls” center this year.
Future Girls (49-64).
Next Girls (33-48) :
48. Mo Tomonaga (HKT48 – Team KIV) 24,272 votes.
Yes Meru Tashima finally managed to rank ahead of her, I haven’t seen Meru name yet.
47. Nagisa Sakaguchi (AKB48 – Team 8 and AKB48 – Team 4). 24,298 votes.
A breakthrough kind of she rank 69 last year and 70 the year before.
46. Haruka Kumazaki (SKE48 – Team E) 24,331 votes.
She’s a Hottie.
45. Oka Suenaga (SKR48 – Team E) 24,940 votes.
She’s really cute, she someone I should pay attention to.
44. Yukari Sasaki (AKB48 – Team B) 25,045 votes.
I don’t know why I ignore her, she’s cute. How long as been now. About 4 years or so.
43. Nanako Nishimura (NGT48 – NGT48 Kenkyuusei) 25,244 votes.
A lot of these NGT48 members look so much younger than their actual age.
42. Mikoto Uchiyama (SKE48 – Team KII) 25,261 votes.
This is amazing I’m so happy for her she has participated in all 10 senbatsu election and this is the 1st time she rank. Last year she miss it by one spot (81st).
41. Saya Kawamoto (AKB48 – Team 4) 25,458 votes.
I don’t really know her, why is she so popular.
40. Mai Fuchigami (HKT48 – Team KIV) 25,977 votes.
It’s been up, down, up, down for her. No higher than 31st no lower than 40th.
39. Areekul Cherprang (BNK48 – Team BIII) 26,202 votes.
She’s the 2nd member from an overseas group to rank, both from BNK48. Will she be the highest, I’m surprise I haven’t seen a JKT48 member yet a long way to go still. Those BNK48 members are pretty at least the two that rank so far are.
38. Momoka Onishi (AKB48 – Team 8 and AKB48 – Team 4) 26,363 votes.
The ever changing Momoka Onishi.
37. Rika Nakai (NGT48 – Team NIII) 26,701 votes.
She drop 14 spots from a year ago, I’m very sad about this.
36. Rena Kato (AKB48 – Team A) 26,710 votes.
Nooooooooooo, not my baby. After moving up every year ever so slowly towards making senbatsu the last several years, she drops kinda big time.
35. Yuna Ego (SKE48 – Team KII) 27,607 votes.
Her ranking has been very consistent the last 3 years (35,36,35).
34. Yuna Obata (SKE48 – Team KII) 27,648 votes.
I’ve heard some people say she’s the future of SKE48.
33. Megu Taniguchi (AKB48 – Team B) 28,024 votes.
She’ll be “Next Girls” center this year.
Next Girls (33-48).
Under Girls (17-32).
32. Minami Minegishi (AKB48 – Team K) 29,020 votes.
With Rino Sasahihara not participating in this year election, and with Mayu Watanabe & Rie Kitahara graduation. Her and SKE48 Jurina Matsui are the only members to have rank in all 10 senbatsu election. This is by far the lowest she has ever ranked. Before this year she’s been as high as 14th and as low as 22nd.
31. Seina Fukuoka (AKB48 – Team B) 29,235 votes.
She’s pretty, moves up one spot from a year ago.
30. Minami Kato (NGT48 – Team NIII) 29,305 votes.
She’s cute after being in the 70’s the last 2 elections, she moves up big time.
29. Maya Sugawara (SKE48 – Team E) 29,413 votes.
She’s ranking for the first time, and she’s a cutie.
28. Yuki Arai (SKE48 – Team KII) 29,713 votes.
She’s not new to me, she’s someone I should pay attention to. But I don’t.
27. Ryoha Kitagawa (SKE48 – Team S) 30,249 votes.
All that super heavy, heavy, heavy pushing she’s always been getting is finally paying off, I guess. It took about 5 years, I just hope this reality and not an anomaly. I also guess all those great bikini photo shoots she’s done the last year also help. She’s still can’t ranked ahead Nao Furuhata.
26. Meru Tashima (HKT48 – Team H) 31,111 votes.
I don’t really like it when members I like become more popular, but in Meru case I don’t mind. I hope she continues to keep moving up in the future. She finally managed to rank higher than Mio Tomonaga for the first time since the 5th senbatsu election when both made their debut. So for now Mio as a 4-2 advantage, I make such a big deal over nothing.
25. Yui Oguri (AKB48 – Team 8 and AKB48 Team A) 31,359 votes.
I guess having a concurrent position in AKB48 Team A and being center for AKB48 election single “Teacher Teacher” help, as she moves up 26 spot from last year.
24. Marina Nishigata (NGT48 – NGT48 Team NIII) 32,096 votes.
Those NGT48 members sure look young, even though they’re not really.
23. Yuuri Ota (NMB48 – Team BII) 33,012 votes.
I don’t really know to much about her, she seems to be one of most popular NMB48 members the last few years.
22. Saho Iwatate ((AKB48 – Team B) 33,863 votes.
I like her she seems very sweet.
21. Miharu Nara (NGT48 – NGT48 Kenkyuusei) 33,962 votes.
She’s a really cutie, I should check her out.
20. Miru Shiroma (NMB48 – Team M) 33,970 votes.
I hate this, she drop out from senbatsu a year ago. Makes me wonder who the highest ranking NMB48 member will be, please not Akari Yoshida.
19. Mako Kojima (AKB48 – Team K) 36,127 votes.
She seems to do very well in the senbatsu election, she doesn’t to be a push member. Although she was kinda in the past.
18. Akane Takayanagi (SKE48 – Team KII) 37,773 votes.
In the 9 senbatsu election she has ranked Under Girls 7 times, and senbatsu twice. She’s someone I can’t predicted when I use to do my prediction I would either overestimate or underestimate her.
17. Kaori Matsumura (SKE48 – Team KII) 38,399 votes.
Nothing new here she ranks around here give or take a few positions. Second time she’s been “Under Girls” center in the senbatsu election.
Under Girls (17-32).
World Senbatsu (1-16) :
16. Hinata Homma (NGT48 – Team NIII) 39,241 votes.
The last 2 years NGT48 members have done very well in the senbatsu election, 2nd year as senbatsu for her. But NGT48 singles sales aren’t what you call very high.
15. Nao Furuhata (SKE48 – Team KII) 45,688 votes.
Ryoha Kitagawa may have moved up big time, but Nao remains senbatsu for 2nd year in a row although she drop down one spot. She continues to be Ryoha nemesis, only if she had the kind pushing Ryoha is getting. For almost a year now she’s getting some decent pushing no where near Ryoha.
Maybe Ryoha Kitagawa needs it she’s seems quiet and shy, maybe this is management way of trying to close the gap between them.
14. Akari Yoshida (NMB48 – Team M) 46,837 votes.
Akari Yoshida makes senbatsu for a 2nd year, so last year was no fluke this is for real. I think she maybe the highest ranking NMB48 member, I can’t see anyone else. I still think she looks like Milky.
13. Mion Mukaichi (AKB48 – Team A) 47,485 votes.
Yes, she’s back as senbatsu. After being Under Girls center last year.
12. Juri Takahashi (AKB48 – Team B) 48,100 votes.
Drops down a spot from a year ago, but remains senbatsu for a 3rd year in a row.
11. Sarina Souda (SKE48 – Team KII) 48,671 votes.
Senbatsu for a 2nd year, and I still don’t know who she is. I should check her out one of these days and try to find out why she’s very popular.
10. Miku Tanaka (HKT48 – Team H) 50,175 votes.
Wow, this is a surprise. When did she become so popular.
9. Nako Yabuki (HKT48 – Team H) 51,620 votes.
Another big surprise being center with Miku Tanaka on HKT48 latest single “Hayaokuri Calendar” may have something to with it. Or Sasshi not participating in this year election may have help her and MIku Tanaka.
8. Mina Oba (SKE48 – Team KII) 53,998 votes.
The former AKB48 member and current SKE48 member with the big boobs, as had very good results in the election since being transferred to SKE48. She just didn’t make senbatsu this year she made Top 8.
7. Tomu Muto (AKB48 – Team A) 62,611 votes.
Who’s the hottest AKB48 member, “Tomu Muto”.
6. Yui Yokoyama (AKB48 – Team A) 67,465 votes.
Everything she gets, she deserves. She never ask for anything.
5. Nana Okada (NGT48 – Team 4 and STU48) 75,067 votes.
Maybe being a STU48 member help her also.
4. Yuka Ogino (NGT48 – Team NIII) 81,629 votes.
I thought she would challenge for the number one spot, I guess not.
3. Sakura Miyawaki (HKT48 – Team KIV) 141,106 votes.
Good result for her the highest she’s ever rank, no Sasshi, no Sayaka, no Yuki. That’s all beside the point.
2. Akari Suda (SKE48 – Team E) 154,011 votes.
Why am I surprise when I shouldn’t be, I know she’s very, very popular.
1. Jurina Matsui (SKE48 – Team S). 194,453 votes.
First of all congratulation to Jurina for being World Senbatsu center.
No one else but her had to be number one, don’t give me no Sasshi or Mayu.
No bashing from me. Which I love to do with Jurina.
Queen of The World, Jurina.
World Senbatsu (1-16).